Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gay Marriage

Upon reading the two articles that were assigned, I came to the conclusion that the gay marriage issue is primarily about the legal rights of same-sex couples. I support the gay community in this fight for two main reasons.
The first of these reasons lies in my personal beliefs. I sincerely believe that two people can be in love with one another, regardless of gender. Because of this, I support a gay couple's right to marry and start a family just as much as I would for a straight couple.
The second reason is due largely in part to my political beliefs. I believe that church and state should be separate, and thus the government should not have a say in regards to someone's personal choice regarding who to marry. On top of this, I believe that gay couples should be allowed/made to pay the same taxes as straight married couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment